What went down in January 2018? Well, here’s a quick life recap just for you.
January definitely seemed like forever to some people but for me it ran by pretty quickly. At a point it felt like I was way behind and not achieving my goals.
My emotions were on a bipolar roller coaster and nothing seemed to motivate me.
I even put off writing this post until I put it up on my Insta Stories a few days ago and quite a number of people responded in the affirmative.
After watching VOGUE’S 73 QUESTIONS WITH DONATELLA VERSACE. I decided to try something new.
What do I have in mind?
Well, I’ll be doing this in an interview format basically asking myself questions that will give you an insight as to what went down in the month of January.
Sounds like a good idea eh?
No?! Pfffftttt! I’m doing it anyway.
- January in one word?
- The major highlight(s) of the month?
Getting featured on 3 LifeStyle blogs. It’s not an InStyle Magazine or Vogue interview but it’s a step in the right direction.
Check out all 3 features here;
- Meet Our First Cover Girl | Blogger’s Ink Magazine
- Get To Know Me | Gayle’s PeepholeBlog
- My NYSC EXPERIENCES | Tonye Igbani’s Blog
- The one thing you spent most of your time on?
Researching on how to get better at blogging and drowning my pain in comedy TV shows (read as How I Met Your Mother).
- Favorite TV show in the month of January?
Definitely, Grownish (a spinoff of Blackish). Someone mentioned that it only appeals to teenagers so I guess I’m living the teenage dream. If you’d like to relive college life, have a good laugh or just in need of some style inspiration this show is definitely for you.
READ THIS? – 5 Fashion Icons from my Favorite TV shows
- The one thing you spent your money on in January?
Jewelry and accessories.
- That one song you put on repeat?
There was no song on repeat in particular. At the beginning of the year, I downloaded a few Mashups of 2017 Pop songs and they were (still on) on repeat all through January.
- What were the things that really made you happy in the month of January?
I know I felt a bit down sometime in January but here are some things that made me feel good.
- Getting the Cassie Daves blog planner as a gift. Read what I have to say about the planner here.
- Winning 3 Instagram giveaways.
3. Finally starting a skincare routine. I’ll be sharing details of this in another blog post very soon.
- Any special thrift finds?
I was unable to go thrifting in January but I patronized two affordable Nigerian Brands.
- Which book(s) did you enjoy reading in January?
I did not read any book in particular. Okay, I started reading a couple of books but abandoned them when lethargy set in. I’ll definitely complete them this month.
Also, I read quite a number of blog posts that should count as reading.
- What did life throw at you in January?
Life literally threw 36 bottles of Wilsons Juice Co. Lemonade and I accepted it with open arms. I’ll be sharing my thoughts on this product next weekend so look out for that post.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ll pretty much have caught up on these so follow me so I don’t have to keep repeating myself. I’m kidding, I love life recaps but follow me still 😉
So guys, what went down in January 2018?
What do you want to achieve or adjust in February 2018?
Let’s advise each other.
Until next time,